Dr Khoo Chong-Yee has been invited to speak at the CIPA Life Sciences Conference in November this year. Chong-Yee will give an update on recent developments in biotech and pharma patent law and practice in South East Asia at the conference.
The CIPA Life Sciences Conference is organised by the Life Sciences Committee of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, UK. In a break from tradition, the conference this year will take place on Monday 14th November 2016 and Tuesday 15th November 2016. The venue is the Grand Hotel, Brighton (97-99 King’s Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2FW), around 10 minutes walk from Brighton Rail Station. Attendees can earn up to 9 hours of CPD at the event.
The CIPA Life Sciences Conference is the UK’s premier annual educational and networking event for patent and IP professionals active in the pharma, medical technology and biotechnology sectors. For over nearly two decades the Conference has provided unrivalled expert insight into the latest developments in patents, regulatory and IP law in the global life science industry. Most importantly, the event provides a friendly environment for in-house and private practice professionals to network and share experiences.
Talks this year include:
- UPC Post Brexit from a Big Pharma Perspective Ewan Nettleton (Novartis)
- Coordination of Parallel UK & US Proceedings Liz Cohen (Bristows)
- View on Brexit from the US Seth Levy (Nixon Peabody)
- Regulatory Data Protection Duncan Curley (Innovate Legal)
- SPCs Tony Rollins
- Entry to the Market – A Generics Perspective Robert Fitt (Mylan)
- Dating: How to know they are the one for you: Valuing your Ideal Partner Nigel Crockett (Tukan Partners Ltd)
- Making it Work: Secrets to a Successful (Working) Relationship Rachel Thornley (GSK)
- Tying the knot: Putting the Right Agreement Together Luke Kempton (Gowling WLG)
- Partnering with Pharma: Better to be Single? Andre Hoekema (Galapagos)
- Patent Litigation in China Tom Carver (Kemp)
- Scientific Presentation Laurence Pearl (CSO Domainex)
- Pre-dinner Talk Michael Silverleaf QC (11 South Square)
- How Patent Analytics Will Help the Life Science Industry Nigel Swycher (Aistemos)
- UK Case Law Update Mark Ridgway (Allen & Overy) and Dev Crease (Keltie LLP)
- Asia Pacific IP Update Chong Yee Khoo (Cantab IP)
- US Law Update Seth Levy (Nixon Peabody)
- EPO Update Panel Discussion Siobhan Yeats (European Patent Office), Hazel Ford (Finnegan) and Christopher Rennie-Smith
In the evening of the first day of the conference, there will be a pre-dinner talk by Michael Silverleaf QC, 11 South Square.
Chong-Yee’s presentation on the morning of the Tuesday will cover updates on patent law and practice, particularly as they relate to biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, in Japan, India, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
Registration for the Life Sciences Conference is now open. We hope to see you in Brighton for the conference.← Back to News