Dr Chong-Yee Khoo attended the CIPA Life Sciences Conference virtually this year.
Traditionally the conference is a favoured opportunity for patent and IP professionals active in the pharma, medical technology and biotechnology sectors to connect, discuss and be educated in a friendly environment and to get CPD points.
Over the course of the week commencing the 16th November 2020, the conference provided a series of webinars which covered:
- updates on latest case law in Europe, including implications of Covid-19 on prosecution and oral proceedings
- updates from the US, including USPTO speaker Director Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- the hot topics in the Life Sciences IP space
- insights into inventorship considerations
- the recent Supreme Court decision on insufficiency